Main content starts here.

Jokomyoji Temple


This temple was built in 1251 by the monk Shin-a under the patronage of Hojo Nagatoki. During the Kamakura period it was a Hojo family temple. Afterwards it became connected to the Ashikaga lineage and flourished with protection from Kamakura governors. Kamakura's 33 Kannon No. 25. Kamakura's 24 Jizo No. 16 and 17.

Basic information


2-12-1 Ogigayatsu, Kamakura City

A 15-minute walk from JR Kamakura station west exit
Telephone number +81-467-22-1359
What to see Grave of Reizei Tamesuke (designated historical landmark)
Flower report [Spring] sakura, azalea
[Summer] hydrangea
[Autumn] clover
[Winter] plum, daffodil
About visiting/About the facility Visit fees/Entry fees : Donations accepted
Adult (high school students and older) ¥200
Elementary and middle school students ¥100
Visit hours/Entry hours : 10:00 - 12:00, 13:00 - 16:00 on Thursdays, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays (closed in August and in case of rain)
Parking Not available


Wooden Amida Sanzon statue (national treasure) , wooden standing Jizo Bosatsu statue (Yahiro Jizo: picking up arrows), net-drawing Jizo statue

[ Public restrooms available]



Kamakura city hall civic life department tourism section


18-10, Onarimachi,Kamakura-shi, Kanagawa, 248-8686, Japan

Telephone number


E-mail address

Kamakura city hall

ホーム > Jokomyoji Temple